The RESQTEC Aircraft Brake Cooling Fan is an aircraft brake cooler specifically designed instead of blowing air on the tires, it pulls the hot air away from them. This significantly reduces the chance of brake disc warping. It accomplishes a turnover of 90 minutes.
The custom-designed trolley allows easy storage and fast transport. Six individual brake cooling fans can be stored, to quickly cool even the world’s largest aircraft.
The current brake cooling systems however, are not fast enough to stay within the 90 minutes turnover time. Especially in case of emergency landings, breaks get to endure extremely high temperatures, which makes cooling them down within 90 minutes practically impossible. With the RESQTEC Brake Cooling Fans, turning over even the largest of aircraft – such as the A380 – within these narrow time slots is now possible.
According to the Airbus Aircraft Manual of brake fan inspections, using fire extinguishants to cool the brakes – for instance liquids, gas, powder or water mist – can cause a variety of hazardous reactions such as explosions, structural damage to the brakes or thermal shock, depending on the extinguishant used.
Moreover, normal ventilators blow the air onto the wheels. This could lead to dangerous situations as it causes uneven cooling, which can cause the brake discs to warp. In addition, we must address the health and safety issue of ground staff personnel working in close proximity to 600 °C carbon fibre brake discs, which are releasing filaments into the environment.
- The blade of the fan is a precision formed impeller, designed to pull the air through the wheel assembly to cool the braking system uniformly.
- The safest and fastest solution to accomplish a turnover of 90 minutes.
- Fast and easy deployment
- The specially designed trolley allows easy storage and fast transport of up to six individual brake cooling fans, to quickly cool even the world’s largest aircraft.
- Electrical Rewind Button allows quick and easy storage of 50m electrical cords.
- Suitable for all aircraft – up to A380 – due to the adjustable ventilator height.
SPECIFICATIONS BATTERY POWERED BRAKE COOLING FAN
|Power||2x DeWalt FlexVolt Batteries|
|Motor||600 Watt Variable Speed|
|Run Time||60 Minutes at Full Power with 12 A/h batteries|
45 Minutes at Full Power with 9 A/h batteries
30 Minutes at Full Power with 8 A/h batteries
|Charge Time||1.5 Hours|
|Battery Life Cycle||1000 cycles|
|Battery Weight||1.5kg/3.1 lbs each, 12 A/h|
1.3kg/2.7 lbs each, 9 A/h
1.0kg/2.2 lbs each, 6 A/h
|Fan Diameter||60 cm|
|Weight excl. battery||39 kg/ 86 lbs|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||610 x 725 x 935 mm/24 x 28.5 x 36.8 inch in A320 configuration|
GENERATOR CUMMINS ONAN SD 20KW 60HZ
- Low Vibration for smooth operation
- Powerful 40HP engine
- User-friendly remote control option
- Bottom mounted radiator for increased cooling efficiency and smaller package size
- Complete, integrated package for easy, low cost installation
- Integrated muffler for added quietness and ease of operation
- Service and maintenance points easily accessible (single side)
- Engine meets interim Tier IV emissions
- Excellent motor starting capability
- Bulkhead fuel and battery connections
- Single side cooling air inlet, bottom cooling air discharge
- Field Effect Transistor (FET) control
- Electronic governing for precise frequency control
- Less than 4% total harmonic distortion at full load
- SAE J1939 CANbus Output
- Engine Oil Cooler
- Multiple fuel and battery block mounting locations
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||8791 x 2362 x 2753 mm/172.500" x 60.000" x 69.915"|
|Equipped With||90 liters fuel tank|
6x hannay cord feels with 45m of 12-3 cable
2x ramp for release brake cooling fans
Hinged access door for generator controls
Hinged access door for open storage area
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||1241 x 600 x 708 mm|
|Sound||60 Hz single phase, 81.9 dB (A) at 3m, full load|
|Circuit Breaker||2-pole, 85 A|