This unique training course has been developed specifically for managers that would like to obtain comprehensive knowledge and skills about managing aircraft recovery operations and increasing their organization’s preparedness.
You will get a thorough understanding of basic aircraft recovery principles and processes in a practical environment. The course content for this training course is based on the guidelines for aircraft recovery operations provided in ICAO Doc 9137 Airport Services Manual Part 5 Removal of Disabled Aircraft, the aircraft recovery manuals of all major aircraft manufacturers, discussions in IATA’s Aircraft Recovery Forum and the practical experiences of RESQTEC’s family of aircraft recovery experts. The course follows the general format of ATA iSpec 2200.
*This course is part of the RESQTEC Aircraft Recovery Diploma training program.
OBTAIN SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO
EFFECTIVELY AND SAFELY CONDUCT
DIRECT AN AIRCRAFT RECOVERY EVENT
MANAGE AN AIRCRAFT RECOVERY EVENT
Upon completing this course, you will
be able to:
• Understand the challenges of disabled aircraft recovery operations and the implications of a disabled aircraft operation has on an airport.
• Explain the importance of disabled aircraft recovery preparedness and the essential components of the disabled aircraft recovery plan.
• Recognize how to organize a local DAR Team and identify specialized equipment and tooling necessary to perform safe and efficient aircraft recovery operations.
• Describe the five basics steps in performing a recovery operation (Survey, Plan, Prepare, Recover & Report).
• Explain the various types of aircraft recovery situations (categories) and identify aircraft recovery methods and technologies.
• Explain and describe recovery methods involving the use pneumatic lifting devices, jacks and cranes.
• Describe ways to reduce aircraft weight and manage aircraft center of gravity.
• Given a simulated disabled aircraft recovery scenario and working together as a team, develop a site-specific aircraft recovery plan.